Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I will keep it in my heart all the year through

The best part of art is getting to live in your favorite moments and holidays all the time.   Many of my pieces are inspired by my childhood.   I was lucky to have great family and teachers who encouraged creativity and experimentation.   I grew up in a house with Grimms and Potter (Beatrix, not Harry).   I had barefoot summers with homemade ice cream and gardens and fruit jars of fireflies and farm animals and fishing and all the perfect elements in a Country Time Lemonade Commercial.   The best part of my home studio is that I can keep these things around me all the time.   I can create Halloween in March and Christmas in April and I can go back to those barefoot summers on a tire swing (coming soon) anytime I want.   I have 35 years of inspiration to fall back on.  Years of great summers, wonderful tales, and a ton of experiences few get these days.   My goal is to share with you the feelings of these experiences and the images I would have in my head as my mother read those scary stories about getting lost in the woods and eating a house.   This should give you a glimpse into what is on the horizon.   Be on the lookout for a trip back to simpler times, bare feet and lots off good feelings… but be mindful of the darker things that lurk in the shadows… Always keep in mind that an evil child-eating witch could be on the other side of that gingerbread door.


No comments:

Post a Comment